Monday, September 17, 2012

Hexies for Nora


Last week I finished up my first Etsy custom order. I had to wait til Saturday morning, when my handy helper wasn't at work, to get pictures so I could get the proper sun angle for this shot...
I might just need to print that and hang it in my studio.

I LOVE this quilt!
Look how cute it is on my daughter's bed. I almost wanted it to stay there. (And she so sweetly said to me "Maybe I could have it?" Of course she is the owner of the Hopscotch Quilt and doesn't need a quilt for her bed.)
I used a light grey thread to do the zig zag quilting. I think it turned out perfectly.
And this is my favorite hand embroidered label yet. The flowers were copied from this fabric which appears in the quilt. The name was filled in with long and short stitches.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, gorgeous! I'm sure your customer will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad we met in quilty land! I love all the stuff you make! ♥ This is amazing. I'm going to hire you to embroider my labels. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good. I love hand embroidering =)

      Delete
  3. Adorable quilt, bright and sunny!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  4. STUNNING! Seriously. Lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! Hi, my name is Mike and I'm a hexaholic. lol. Anyway, questions: I'm about to finish one with 320 hexies (2 inch sides), all English paper pieced. I'm going to machine quilt it myself (long arm). I was wondering, the zigzags, do they go both ways or only one length of the quilt? Did you do any in the ditch stitching? or just one echo line on each side. I'm trying to decide what to do with the quilting and there just is not much on ideas out there that I can find. I like what you did and it does not look too time consuming :) Thank you! Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat special order! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This quilt is AMAZING! Did you hand stitch all these hexies together or machine stitch them? Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated!
I get a lot of spam, so I apologize for the word verification. I moderate comments on older posts, so it may take a short while to appear. Thanks!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips