Friday, July 13, 2012

Hopscotch!

Katy's Hopscotch Quilt
It finished around 64" x 90", so kind of a skinny twin. It was made with Modern Workshop by Oliver + S for Moda, backed with a Moda flannel that was a perfect shade of blue, which you can see in the last photo.
The numbers are properly appliqued with my typical freezer paper technique, but all of the applique outside the hopscotch are raw edge, stitched on with perle cotton (which I should have though about more, after washing some of the fraying went to far and I had to do some more stitching to secure them down, but it's cute). 
I was inspired by a few quilts I saw on pinterest, but when it came down to it, I just made it up as I went, and figured it would end up a fun throw Katy could toss out on the floor and play on. Now she can play hopscotch on her bed instead. =) She LOVES it by the way.
Katy's 4 year old handprints, below them, though hard to see is our family...
Our stick figure family 
The "label" She loves that her name is on it.

2 comments:

  1. Love it. It's so cute. And your little stick family...just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING quilt. Love it. And the details are so perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated!
I get a lot of spam, so I apologize for the word verification. I moderate comments on older posts, so it may take a short while to appear. Thanks!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips