Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Drunk Zebra (pattern available!)

I finally took some time and finished up my very first pattern. =) (Pattern can be purchased at Craftsy or in my Etsy shop)
Drunk Zebra (PDF) Quilt Pattern
I've been putting off finishing this for weeks. Ok, so I've been distracted by some pretty big projects, and hexies, what can I say? Playing with fabric is much more fun than writing about it.

The quilt finished at about 56" x 64" and was made with Kona Cotton black, Free Spirit Designs Winter White, and backed in the lime green big polka dot from the line Half Moon Modern by Momo for Moda. The binding was a random zebra print I found at a local shop and forgot to note.
Before my husband dubbed this "Drunk Zebra", I referred to it as the rug quilt. Why? Because it was inspired by a rug! Thanks to my amazing cousin, Annie (of Spiffing Jewelry), who pinned a photo of the rug for her studio, and I was just crazy enough to think "Hey, I could make that into a quilt."
I hope you all enjoy this quilt as much as I enjoyed making it. 

5 comments:

  1. WOW! Amazing quilt. I love the colors, pattern and backing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! I love it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy moley, that's all kinds of crazy awesomeness!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! And I love the white stitching on the black. Another element.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated!
I get a lot of spam, so I apologize for the word verification. I moderate comments on older posts, so it may take a short while to appear. Thanks!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips