Monday, July 9, 2012

The Largest Quilt She's Ever Made - Part 3

It was another day with a lot of cutting. A lot of cutting that made me realize just how much piecing this quilt is going to take.
My day's efforts don't look like much...
45 - 8 1/2" squares cut into 9 pieces
95 - 7 1/2" squares cut into 5 pieces
196 - 5 1/2" squares cut into 5 pieces
and thankfully only about 40 - 4 1/2" squares cut into 5 pieces.
So as it stands right now, I have 3296 pieces to sew together. My head hurts.
How horrific would it be to get to the end and discover I calculated too big, or worse, too short? Let's pray I calculated correctly!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! That is so many pieces! But I know you'll make it look absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hand hurts for you!! But wow, it's going to look incredible!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated!
I get a lot of spam, so I apologize for the word verification. I moderate comments on older posts, so it may take a short while to appear. Thanks!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips