Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Ombre Linky Love

Linky Love
Last August I had the opportunity to test our one of traceyjay quilts' beautiful patterns, Linky Love. The quilt top came together quickly, but being my crazy self, I decided to hand quilt it. And then took a LONG break from hand quilting it. And now it is finally done. =)
Linky Love4
The links were made using V&Co Simply Colors Ombre Jelly Roll strips, which gave them so much movement. I chose to quilt the links using the same color as the fabric, about 1/4" in from the seam. And then I quilted the background in a cross hatch in the large octagons and Xs in the small squares, using white thread.
Linky Love3
I love how the colored stitches look on the white backing, though you can definitely see I'm not an experienced hand quilter.
Linky Love5
And when you get a little more light behind the quilt the links show through the backing like stained glass! Love it!
Linky Love2

Quilt Stats:
Pattern: Linky Love by traceyjay quilts
Fabric: V&Co Ombre Jelly roll + Kona White
Finished Size: Approx 54" square
Made from August 2012-July 2013

8 comments:

  1. well I might be biased, but I love it! ♥ Thanks again for making this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great, nice fabric to show off how the shapes interlock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a work of art. Stunning, gorgeous, inspired!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable quilt, I love the effect of stained glass :)

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your version so much and have an ombre jelly roll still...hmmm, I might have to copy you :)
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic - I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you did a great job of hand quilting your quilt. I love the solid colors your chose. The fabrics enhance the pattern. You did an excellent job! This is a quilt I'd like to add to my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated!
I get a lot of spam, so I apologize for the word verification. I moderate comments on older posts, so it may take a short while to appear. Thanks!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips