Wednesday, August 22, 2012

WIP Wednesday

My current, major work in progress is my first machine pieced hexie quilt. I'm so excited about this quilt for a few reasons. 1 - it is my first custom quilt ordered off of Etsy. =) 2 - it's hexies! 3 - It uses Bonnie & Camille fabric - we've got both Ruby and Vintage Modern. So much happiness! 
Machine piecing hexies is awesome! It goes so quickly. The only thing that took some getting used to was the Y-seams. Not my favorite, but now I'm a pro. 
Other current WIPs:
1 - B's Sparkle Punch - almost done cutting
3 - Farmer's Wife - on-going, no progress this week
4 - Great Granny-a-Long - no progress
5- Monster Bash Spider Web Quilt - no progress
The rest of my vast list can be found here.

2012 totals: 20 Finishes -- 29 WIPs

Linking up here:
Right Click to Save Image

13 comments:

  1. Look at all those hexies! Machine pieced?! I must know how!

    Love your blog! I found you by Lee's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm yet to attack Y-seams... They're a little intimidating! But then again, I prefer machine to hand piecing, so maybe I should just get over myself already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you've mastered the Y seam. 20 finishes already this year is a crazy number, wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing a great job so far, I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love every minute of this WIP the fabric choice is inspired, the hexagons are bold, and I am jealous. To be honest I haven't had the guts to try out a hex quilt as Y seams intimidate me. This makes me want to buck up and get over it though. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That will be one lovely quilt!
    My second quilt was a hexie, and I didn't know about y-seams. Learned really fast, though.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely quilt and the fabrics:) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how I love your hexies. I just need to push past my fear and do one! I can't wait to see yours finished!

    ReplyDelete
  9. good for you! haha - love the toes : )
    Thank you for linking to The Needle and THread Network!
    ps - we have plenty of giveaways all week! ; )
    Monika in Saskatoon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you machine quilt your hexies together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first time I've machine pieced hexies, usually I do them by hand, but this is going to be a twin size quilt and I need it to be done in September.

      Delete
  11. Love your hexie quilt! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your hexie quilt is turning out to be amazing! Okay, what's your Y-seam secret? Is there a tutorial you swear by? I tend to avoid the buggers at all cost.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated!
I get a lot of spam, so I apologize for the word verification. I moderate comments on older posts, so it may take a short while to appear. Thanks!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips