Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A taste of Marmalade

 A couple of weeks ago I bought a mini charm pack of the upcoming like, Marmalade by Bonnie & Camille. If you couldn't tell, I love their fabric (Jam Bars, Swoon, Ruby Scraps and of course my Farmer's Wife quilt. All made from Bonnie & Camille Fabrics. My next big project will be made with more Ruby + Vintage Modern. I just love them.). I really love the addition of orange and yellow in Marmalade, it's super tasty.
This mini quilt finished at 24" x 10.75" and was inspired by this Moda Bake Shop pattern.
 I started it last night at about 11:30 when I finally decided how I should use my mini charm pack. Though of course I should have been headed to bed. I pieced my four 9-patches, and assembled the sections with the white.
 This morning I finished assembling the top, and got the quilting done.
 This afternoon I turned the binding while watching my girls swim in the kiddie pool.
In total it might have taken about 4 hours.

It is so satisfying getting a beautiful little quilt done. Seeing something from start to finish after weeks of the same project is inspiring! Now I'm done procrastinating and will get back to my regularly schedule program and get back to quilting The Largest Quilt She's Ever Made.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, what a great idea!! I just love those fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. I think I am going to make some mug rugs in this style. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated!
I get a lot of spam, so I apologize for the word verification. I moderate comments on older posts, so it may take a short while to appear. Thanks!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips