Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I ♥ paper piecing!

Seriously, if you are having any issues with your Farmer's Wife blocks this is so the way to go! The blocks I've already made were about 6"but none of them perfectly so, and none of them the same. Paper piecing - they are all finishing at 6 1/2"

Seriously check it out!!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/farmerswifesampler/files/Foundation%20Patterns/
Remember you have to belong to the yahoo group to access the files.
Save the pdf file to your computer then print from that, set it to "no scale" or "100%" otherwise it'll make up it's own scale, and that is no good. On my new printer I had to do 100% as there was no "no scale" option.

I haven't watched this whole video, but the first part is awesome and exactly how I do my paper piecing (well I don't use as huge pieces of fabric, esp for a center piece like piece one, but other pieces, esp ones oddly shaped I used a good extra amount of fabric). I hope it helps you all.



Now between my happy new fabric and perfect paper piecing I am so in love with the Farmer's Wife project, and can't wait to get caught up (again) and digging into next week.

3 comments:

  1. I love paper piecing. Especially when you come up with perfect little points.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished 3 blocks last night and I am already so pleased! They are even and beautiful. Plus I think it took less time not cutting the pieces of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok well I'm not going to recut the pieces I already did but I will be trying this for the next set I get to in a few weeks. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated!
I get a lot of spam, so I apologize for the word verification. I moderate comments on older posts, so it may take a short while to appear. Thanks!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips