Monday, June 6, 2011

Quilting Away

For the past 6 months I have been working on a quilt for a friend who has helped me in immeasurable ways while my husband has been deployed. I hoped to have it done and ready to present to her by the time he got home. That likely won't happen at this point (EEK! Yay! Happy Dance!), but I am still pressing forward.

It is the biggest project I have decided to quilt on my own, so figuring out how to manage all that quilt with my short arm machine, with a lot of stops and turns and such is tiring. But I've got the border done - and it may not be kosher to do the border first but my baste it spray was giving out on me in those areas because of all the movement.

Here are some sneak peek crappy phone pics. I am undecided on any quilting in the background, I guess we'll see and that will just ad more time to the completed project.

Taking breaks to throw together simple quilts doesn't help get a quilt finished either, but hey I was bored and I wanted to see some actual fruits of my labor.
This is one of 3 quilts being put together from a Bliss layer cake, it's just little, a good table topper or wallhanging. The other 2 are baby quilts and not yet finished, so pictures of them will come later. Don't you love my shoes? And I really need to stop taking pics with my phone.
I took lots of pics with the idea of creating a tutorial for this quilt. I am sure it's far from original, but what do you guys think? Should I work it up?

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful! You are so crafty!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated!
I get a lot of spam, so I apologize for the word verification. I moderate comments on older posts, so it may take a short while to appear. Thanks!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips