Thursday, May 15, 2014

Spring '14 Blogger Quilt Festival!!

AmysCreativeSide.com

I am so happy that it is Blogger Quilt Festival time again! I love seeing all of the inspiring quilts.

If you follow my blog you'll know I just posted about this, I apologize for the repeat, but it's the favorite quilt I've made in the last few months, and I knew I wanted to enter it as soon as I finished it.

So the basics! I made this quilt for my friend Sandra at Small Town Thread, who has an amazing entry in the Festival by the way! I used Flea Market Fancy by Denyse Schmidt and Kona White fabrics. I used 100% Cream Rose Batting which is light and buttery and crinkles so good, and pieced and FMQ quilted it using Aurifil 50 wt Mako Cotton Thread. The final measurement is 52" x 61" 
Flea Market Sprouts
Flea Market Sprouts Flea Market Sprouts

19 comments:

  1. Yes! This is one of my VERY FAVORITE quilts you have ever done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this quilt! Did you enter it into the modern quilt category too? Don't know if one can do that - enter the same quilt in two different categories. I may have to make one. Congrats on this finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really a great quilt, and no one can go wrong with FMF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really terrific. Love the chunky modern leaves. Congrats on a fine quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! And great use of FMF.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute. this quilt is on my to do list. it will make a wonderful bee quilt

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is one of my favourite small quilts. I love the apparent simplicity of the design and use of colour. I'd love to give it a go when I have learnt more. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! Love the design and fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet! Really great little quilt.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love this quilt. And FMF is always a good pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the fabrics! Great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I voted for your beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Дуже подобається!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. really pretty, and I love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sewing all those curves so beautifully is very impressive and I love the colors and prints. Such a happy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful quilt... love the sprouts

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated!
I get a lot of spam, so I apologize for the word verification. I moderate comments on older posts, so it may take a short while to appear. Thanks!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips