Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Simple Life Quilt

The last two months have been full of family time. I've spent plenty of time quilting and stitching, but times I'd usually hop on to blog were spent with my hubby instead. And it has been great! But today I REALLY want to blog, so I'm going to get caught up on the finishes I've had so far this year. Each with have it's own post, so check them all out. =)
The Simple Life Quilt
I made this sweet quilt using Tasha Noel's adorable Simple Life fabric. I started working on this quilt sometime last year (August maybe?), making the economy blocks. This past January Instagram was taken over by the #economyblockalong which was the push I needed to pull this out and finish it up. I decided to go with a combination of economy blocks, sixteen patches and square in square blocks. I really like the variety, but that I was able to show off the super cute fabric with the fussy cut block centers.
Untitled The quilt finished at 46" square. I used 100% Cotton Cream Rose batting, which I had been skeptical about, but it is so cozy and lovely! I free motion quilted in a dense meandering loop.
For the backing I pieced some remnants along with my favorite floral print from the fabric line.
Untitled

This quilt will be sold in the @craftersforcourage auction on Instagram in March. Go check them out and support a really important cause!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the red and white quilt! I love all your quilts, as you know, but the red and white one is a STUNNER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE this little quilt! So attractive! Thanks for posting!

    cobaltt16@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made economy blocks using this fabric line last May. It made a gorgeous baby girl quilt for my cousin's first baby. Love the fabric so much. The fussy cut centres are adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated!
I get a lot of spam, so I apologize for the word verification. I moderate comments on older posts, so it may take a short while to appear. Thanks!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips