Sunday, December 29, 2013

A Place to Rest Your Head

I love pillows. For a long time I avoided them, I was a little frightened of them, expecting them to be really difficult. How wrong I was! I'm addicted now. There are only so many things you can do with a mini quilt, and I already have a lovely collection of them. But pillows - they can go on beds, couches, chairs, and even floors for a whole other dimension of quilty goodness.
My pretty bed
{Queen size Swoon quilt and throw size #scrappytripalong.}
I have a goal of quilted pillows in all sizes covering my bed with color and joy, with 3 made by me I am well on my way. I've already shared the Hexie Bee pillow, you can view a close up of that HERE.
This Rainbow Pillow measures 16" and was made using a variety of 2.5" squares. I quilted it with a simple meander design using Aurifil 50 wt in 2021. I opted to leave binding off of this pillow because I didn't want anything to detract from the rainbow.
Untitled Untitled 
This 18" scrappy low volume white/cream and black plus pillow cover is one of 4 I started a few months ago. I had the intention of selling all of them, but put them aside as I tried to figure out which path I wanted to take with my quilting. I am very happy to have one for myself. 
I quilted this one using a loopy design, also with Aurifil 50 wt in 2021. I really like this quilting design, and it is a top contender for when I finally complete my Double Irish Chain. 
Untitled Untitled 
And my last sweet little pillow finish is this super scrappy 12" pillow made with orphan blocks from making Miss B's Cat Quilt. She's loved the strawberry print fabric since I purchased it, so I decided to give her a little. It's random and a bit different, but she is so very happy to have her own little throw pillow. Now I need to figure out how to make one with dogs or horses on it for Miss K. 
Untitled
I don't anticipate having any more finishes in 2013, and with these 3 pillows that puts me at a total of 62 finishes for the year (though I didn't count any of my service flags, and there may have been a couple other little projects I didn't remember to include). You can view all of my 2013 finishes here. Last year I finished about 49, I cannot believe how much I made this year!! It seems a bit excessive. =) Next year I plan to focus on my Quilt Bucket List, starting with a finish of my Double Irish Chain, and I've got some other very exciting things to share with you all. Happy New Year!!

4 comments:

  1. Pillows are sooo addicting! It's funny because my post today is about my swoon but the pictures are a swoon on my bed with lots of pillows. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much goodness! These are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your pillows are great, I made 2 last year, and yes I can see how you could get caught in wanting to make more!! Like you said, one can only have so many mini quilts, may as well make them into pillows

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated!
I get a lot of spam, so I apologize for the word verification. I moderate comments on older posts, so it may take a short while to appear. Thanks!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips