Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Largest Quilt She's Ever Made - Part 7 - Basted!

Smooth sailing today. Phew! I got the backing sewn together, and then my most amazing and wonderful husband spent an hour out on the driveway spray basting with me. I don't know how I could have done it on my own. 
And you may think I'm odd for doing it on the driveway, but I've learned a messy lesson in overspray, so I avoid spraying it in the house.
All done and glorious!!
 In case you are wondering, I use June Tailor Quilt Basting Spray from Joanne's. I like that I can use coupons and it doesn't end up that $$$.
 And now it is rolled up, waiting in my studio, begging me to get started. But it shall wait til Monday. I met my goal of getting it done by the 28th. *Pats self on back*
My new goal is to have it quilted and bound by August 8th. I'll keep y'all updated with my progress.

4 comments:

  1. That is HUGE! :)

    Love the design and colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so huge!! There are nowhere in my house I could lay that thing out without removing tons of furniture from the room. LOL.
      It is currently measuring 116" x 102"

      Delete
  2. Wow, you are really flying through this quilt! It it so huge and seems like you just posted about receiving your boxes of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting that you met your goal! Look forward to seeing it completed. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated!
I get a lot of spam, so I apologize for the word verification. I moderate comments on older posts, so it may take a short while to appear. Thanks!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips