Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Summer Sampler Series: Completed Quilt!

She is done! And I love her so!
So the facts: 
Fabrics: Various Moda Bella Solids and Kona Cottons.
Batting: Warm & White

I did 1/4" inside and outside of the ditch on each individual block, as well as some echo quilting on a few of them, like the Greek Cross. For the rest of the quilt I did 1" spaced diagonal lines running mainly through the background sashing, though on a few blocks (again the Greek Cross) I went into the actual block where I felt it was appropriate. 

I pieced the back, and then a binding using my scraps, it actually worked out PERFECTLY fabric wise, nothing wasted. =) I think the pieced binding helped frame the quilt in a way that complemented the colors, but did not take away from the clean crispness of the quilt. 


Grey backing is not forgiving in the quilting department, but it sure does show off the pattern. And I think my one downfall in this quilt was backstitching. It isn't very apparent on the front, but screams at you from the back. (So if anybody would like to teach me how make a secure quilt without a couple of small backstitches I would greatly appreciate it!!)


My beautiful younger daughter B, was the lucky recipient of this quilt as a late 1st birthday gift.


And now onto each individual block!

Box Quilt

Greek Cross

Star of Virginia

Arkansas Traveler

Star

Six Pointed Star

Flower Garden Path
Mosaic Block

Lucky Pieces

Rocky Road to Kansas

Kansas Dust Storm

Evening Star





6 comments:

  1. OOH! I love the quilting you did on each block! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilting is just beautiful. I love the gray pieced backing too and the pieced binding. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So... I don't usually love sampler quilts, but I do LOVE this one. You did such a beautiful job, and the quilting is perfect!

    (I backstitch too, or stitch over and over in one spot... if you pull your bobbin thread up ahead of time, that helps)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rocked the summer sampler! It is just beautiful, your daughter is very lucky.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated!
I get a lot of spam, so I apologize for the word verification. I moderate comments on older posts, so it may take a short while to appear. Thanks!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips