Wednesday, May 2, 2012

3 Finishes

I should have taken a photo of my finger tip - binding all of these quilts totally tore it up. But it was worth it! 

This first quilt was made with scraps from my Charmed Stars quilt. It finished at 18.5" x 21.5" Fabric Just Wing It! by MoMo for Moda and Bella Solids White. Quilted with a simple diagonal line following the half square triangles. 
 Simple whole clothe baby quilt - I cannot remember what this fabric is. 29" x 37" Free motion quilted in a meandering swirly pattern.
 I love this whole clothe quilt! Giant polka dots, zip zags, grey and yellow! What could be better? I followed the zig zag for the quilting, I was planning on doing more quilting with grey thread as well as the while thread, and possibly hand quilting around some of the circles with perle cotton, but then I got lazy and liked it as it is. =) 39" square
I'm still working on turning the binding of the 4th quilt. Check back soon!

5 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I am impressed! They look great and I love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say your month wasn't a total bomb... you got a lot done! They all look great! (Love the idea on the zig zag, and may have to shamelessly steal... but I'll give you credit!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know the names of fabrics for the grey/yellow quilt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot remember and am having no luck with searching online, but I'll be going to my quilt shop this weekend and I'll check what they are. =)

      Delete
    2. Ok, the big yellow dot and the mini yellow dot binding are Moda Half Moon Modern (which apparently also has a fabulous zigzag print.
      http://www.unitednotions.com/fcc_half_moon_modern.pdf
      The grey zigzag is Riley Blake Cotton Ombre Dots & Chevrons.
      http://www.rileyblakedesigns.com/media/uploads/Printable_Fabric_Swatches/2012/RBD_DesignerBasics.pdf

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated!
I get a lot of spam, so I apologize for the word verification. I moderate comments on older posts, so it may take a short while to appear. Thanks!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips