Thursday, December 15, 2011

Custom Quilt: Chinese Character

Recently a friend commissioned me to make a quilt for her father for Christmas. She wanted an applique of his Chinese name. My husband speaks Chinese and does Chinese calligraphy, so he was able to practice his skills and draw up the character for me.

Here is the quilt.





I forgot to take a photo of the back, but the fabric was perfect. It was black with characters printed in red with gold accents. 

I modified the Moda Bake Shop Film Strip quilt for the pattern. You could use this pattern in so many ways with so many themes. And if anybody wants something done with a Chinese character, I am your girl!

3 comments:

  1. It is fantastic! I love the quilting on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out beautiful. I hope the person's father is pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was made for my father and step-mother and they were absolutely thrilled with the result. I couldn't be happier. I exceeded even my own expectations. I think Lindsey is a genius!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated!
I get a lot of spam, so I apologize for the word verification. I moderate comments on older posts, so it may take a short while to appear. Thanks!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips